Thursday, October 9, 2014

Chamelon In a Mirror by Ruth Nestvold Book Review







            This book fascinated me and had me feeling as if I really was living right alongside Billie and her new found friends in 17th century England. As a History and English literature major, I feel deeply in love with this book and all of the characters! I find myself searching old archives for every i can find on Aphra Behn, so fascinated am I with her and the time period as well as with her plays. I have always had a deep love for the language of the time. I sincerely want to live there in the book with Billie, to live in that amazing time period! It is clear this author has an amazing amount of knowledge with the time period, is extremely well written and writes the story in a beautifully unique and engaging way. The character development is absolutely perfect, as is the way she writes the plot/storyline. The characters are effectively described as are the scenes in such a way that made this read fall completely in love with them. The dialogue is magnificent, each character speaks distinctly in such a way that I could hear their dialect, accent and diction throughout and that is in and of itself hard to accomplish but, this amazing author did it and magnificently! The descriptions are creatively unique and realistic and clearly on a level all their own. I will actively seek out an autographed copy of this book from the author to purchase and cherish for years to come. This amazing book has move me that much and I could not help but burst into tears by the end. I was so incredibly moved by it.

I recommend this book to anyone who loves a magnificent book that will make you experience a myriad of emotions, warm your heart and soul, then leave a lasting impression on you as on of the greatest reads of this century!

No comments:

Post a Comment