Thursday, October 30, 2014

Crossfire by Andrea Somanski- Book Review







My Review:

This was an amazing book. I was immediately drawn in by the book cover which was beautifully crafted and developed. Then after reading the description I was hooked and knew I had to read this book! I love reading YA books even at my age of 38 and proud to admit it! There is something to be said for a wonderful and well written YA novel. I was shocked that this was a new author and thought I was reading the book of a well seasoned author until I found out the author was new. Wow! Awesome job hon! The storyline was fluid and flowed perfectly throughout the course of the book, there was nothing that stopped or halted the flow which was quite refreshing. Being a student of Greek mythology myself, I loved the mythological touches in the book with the mythical Amazon and Kakodemons.The characters are extremely well developed along with their relationships and the characteristics they display are very believable and realistic. Once I started reading this book, having taken speed reading in college, I was able to enjoy it and finish it in record time while bumping into walls since I just could not put it down! Ha Ha. This book hooked me from page one and kept me on the edge of my seat with twists and turns I never saw coming and then they did, it was like an explosion of shock and wonder, it was magnificent! One a final note, this amazing book is wonderfully character driven instead of being plot or dialogue driven which makes it even more refreshing!

Reviewed for Eternal Books Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment