Thursday, October 30, 2014

The Tragedy of Woman by Ray Dracolias- Book Review

My Review for Eternal Books Reviews and Inkspand:

This is the 4th book by this amazing author that I have had the pleasure of reading and it did not fail the high expectations that I have come to expect from Ray Dacolias. It was a wonderfully long read that I was drawn into from the very start and it held me on the edge of my seat as the story of Oscine who is a brave, courageous, positive and compassionate woman who has lived through tragedies in her childhood then again after she's married. Having lived through eerily similar circumstances in my own life, I could not only empathize with Oscine but became her during my journey through and to the end of this book. Which is a real treat for me when an author can accomplish that task. At the end of the book, I was exhausted emotionally, so involved was I in this book and felt like I had just gotten off of a roller coaster full of emotion during my journey with the character in this amazing read and when she stayed positive and forgave others their wrongs against her, I myself wished to be her as I could only feel anger and outrage on her behalf! Perhaps because it triggered my own memories that had been better left laid to rest in my own past.
This amazing author has once again wowed me with his unique way with words and excellent story telling ability. The character development was once again magnificent and rich. The plot and storyline, again was extremely engaging, well thought out, complex, and extremely well written. The way twists and turns occurred that I could not have foreseen was pure genius. Once again this amazing author has taken subjects most will shy away from and brought them into the public light bravely for all readers to like or dislike and like all great authors, with each new book, bares his soul to the world while bringing attention to otherwise sensitive topics that most only speak of behind closed doors. I full commend this author for accomplishing just that once again. I eagerly look forward to reading more books by this author, one of my new favorites.
I further recommend this book to everyone regardless of gender. If you have the patience needed to become engaged in a long novel and yet, absolutely exquisite read, then pick up this book today!

No comments:

Post a Comment